Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information MolGen may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- Your name, address, workplace. This may include but is not limited to your mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, IP address, location information and payment information.
- Information from conferences or workshops. When you share your content with conferences and workshops where MolGen products are presented, MolGen may collect the information you provide. MolGen will use such information to fulfill your requests to provide the relevant product or service.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up a payment account, for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing orders, or as required by law.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on MolGen’s latest product announcements, updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our products and services for the benefit of all our users. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with MolGen, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve MolGen’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Cookies and Other Technologies
MolGen’s websites, online services, interactive applications, email messages, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of advertisements and web searches. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we also treat these identifiers as personal information.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. MolGen may use this information for our marketing services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the MolGen website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times MolGen may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with MolGen to provide products and services, or that help MolGen market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by MolGen to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for MolGen to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
Protection of Personal Information
MolGen takes the security of your personal information very seriously. When your personal data is stored by MolGen, we use computer systems with limited access.
When you use some MolGen products, services, or applications, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
For personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if MolGen is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier. A request may be made directly to MolGen via e-mail.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
MolGen websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Copyright © 2018. MolGen BV. All rights reserved.
MolGen BV, Westerdijk 56, Utrecht, The Netherlands