SpeeDx PlexPCR® Respivirus
PlexPCR® RespiVirus is a 2-well multiplex real-time RT-PCR assay for the detection of Influenza A (FluA), Influenza B (FluB), Rhinoviruses (RhV), Respiratory Syncytial Viruses A and B (RSV A and B), Human metapneumovirus (HMPV), Adenoviruses B and C (AdV B and C) and Human parainfluenza viruses 1, 2, 3 and 4 (HPIV 1-4).
Why use PlexPCR® RespiVirus?
Laboratories face increasing numbers of respiratory samples for testing each year as greater pressure is placed on clinicians to determine the cause of infection before prescribing antibiotics. PlexPCR® RespiVirus helps to maintain relevant turn-around times even during peak testing season and ensures timely reporting of results to optimize treatment decisions for patient management.
Tested on hundreds of clinical and QAP samples, PlexPCR® RespiVirus demonstrates excellent sensitivity and specificity.
Streamline your workflow and increase productivity for rapid, routine diagnostics. Option to fully automate your workflow with the PurePrep FR liquid handling solution for sample prep and qPCR set-up.
- Roche LightCycler® 480 Instrument II (LC480 II)
- Applied Biosystems® 7500 Fast Dx (7500 Fast Dx)
- Products are shipped on dry ice or ice gel packs.
- For In Vitro Diagnostic use
- Well 1: Rhinovirus (RhV), Respiratory Syncytial Viruses (RSV) A and B, Influenza A (FluA), Influenza B (FluB), Internal Control
- Well 2: Human metapneumovirus (HMPV), Adenoviruses B and C (AdV), Human parainfluenza viruses 1, 2 ,3 and 4 (HPIV 1-4)
- Nasopharyngeal swabs and aspirates
- Nasal swabs
- Throat swabs
- Bronchoalveolar lavage
- Tracheal aspirate samples